The other day I decided to look into home remedies to help lessen the appearance of open and enlarged pores. I thought I would share with you the remedies I discovered, as I am sure we have all had this problem.
Here is a list of inexpensive, easy and natural home remedies to minimise the appearance of enlarged and open pores.
- Ice Cubes: helps shrink large pores due to its skin tightening effect. Wrap a few ice cubes in a clean cloth and hold on your skin for 15 to 30 seconds. Make sure you repeat this a few times a day. Or just wash your face with ice-cold water once daily.
- Egg Whites: will tone and tighten the skin, shrinking enlarged pores. Mix two egg whites with the juice of half a lemon. Spread it on your face, leave for 10 minutes or until it has completely dried. Then wash off with cold water, repeating a few times a week for 1 month.
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Works as a natural astringent that tightens your skin, reduces large pores and restores the skin’s pH balance. Mix equal amounts of apple cider vinegar with water. Apply the mixture with a cotton ball, leave for a few minutes and then rinse off. For best results, cleanse your face with our Aloe Vera Foaming cleanser before applying the mixture and then apply one of our face creams. Best to do before you go to bed.
- Sugar Scrub: helps when you want to remove excess dirt, oil and dead skin cells. Mix two tablespoons of sugar, one tablespoon of olive oil and a few drops of lemon. Gently rub it on your skin, than wash it off with cool water. Use regularly, once or twice a week.
- Baking Soda: Works as a gentle exfoliating agent, removing excess dirt, oil and dead skin cells. Mix two tablespoons of baking soda and lukewarm water, than apply mixture in circular motions for a few seconds. Rinse off with cool water. Repeat this process daily for 5 to 7 days.
- Lemon Juice: contains citric acid that exfoliates your skin, lessening the appearance of open pores. Mix one teaspoon of honey with the juice of one lemon. Apply the mixture to your skin, leave for 10 to 15 minutes. Repeat daily for one month.
- Cucumber: works as a natural astringent to help shrink pores. Grate one fresh cucumber and extract the juice. Apply the juice to your skin and leave for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse mixture off with cool water. Alternatively you can add rose water or lemon juice to the cucumber juice.
- Yogurt: contains lactic acid, which eliminates excess oil, dirt and dead skin cells. Apply a thin layer of plain yogurt to your skin. Leave it on your face for 10 minutes and then rinse off with cool water. Repeat this process daily three or four times a week, for at least one month.
- Oatmeal: is great for exfoliating and will remove excess oil and dead skin cells. Combine 5 tablespoons of honey, two tablespoons of milk powder and two tablespoons of oatmeal. Put mixture on your face in a circular motion. Leave for 15 minutes or until it dries completely. Then scrub it off with cool water.
I will defiantly be giving a few of these home remedies a go! Please let me know if you try any and tell me your results.